Whole Wheat Penne In Cream Sauce With Sausage & Broccoli
What you will need:
- Organic Italian Chicken Sausage (2 links)
- Organic Broccoli Florets (about 1/2 cup)
- Whole Wheat Penne (2 cups uncooked)
- 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup (10.5oz can)
- Tomato Sauce (8oz can)
- Garlic (2 cloves, crushed)
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make it:
Cut the chicken sausage into small pieces and brown them in a frying pan over medium/high heat.
In a medium sauce pan combine the soup, tomato sauce, crushed garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer while stirring occasionally.
Boil the pasta until it’s al dente. Drain the water and return the pasta to the pan. Add the cream sauce, sausage, and broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes over low/medium heat. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over it and serve immediately. Makes two servings. Prep time is about 5-10 minutes, cook time is about 15-20 minutes.